This summer I am awarded with the Liebster Award by Myrthe from ‘Books around the World’ another Dutch book enthusiast!
A lot of thanks to you Myrthe! I like writing this different kind of post! First I will answer the eleven questions that were asked. And after all these answers I’ll explain the rules of this award.
The eleven questions Myrthe asked me:
Name one thing you’d love to see more people do:
One of the things I like in The Netherlands and love people to do more is to have a drink in the afternoon. A coffee or a cup of tea and meeting friends and family. Just some chitchat. Enjoy life for a moment when it’s sunny and even when it rains being happy. Then you’re probably not sitting outside but meeting. You can also work at flexwork places. It is easily working together at such places. I love to see more people doing that.
What subjects did you take in highschool?
In highschool, it has been four years since I graduated, I had lessons in Dutch, English, Management & Organisation, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Which languages do you speak?
Speaking several languages is becoming more and more important nowadays. I am fluent in Dutch which is my montertongue. I am fluent in English, also writing in business English. I speak on a basic level German and on a basic level French. I am trying to learn some more languages via Duolingo. I like Norwegian and Swedisch, Spanish is becoming more important and Italian is also fun on holidays.
What has been your best vacation?
In my opinion at the moment: every vacation is good. Holiday is holiday. In the summer of 2014 I have been to Florence and Pisa and this was a very interesting cultural holiday trip!
How much time do you spend editing a blog post once you’ve finished it?
Never thought about this really. But I think it takes me about five minutes. Checking if I used the right tags, if all the links work and there are no faults.
When it is hot, do you like to sleep with a fan on?
In The Netherlands it is never too hot. So when I am sleeping the fan is shut off because otherwiste I would still be partly awake due to the noise and not taking rest fully.
Any book recommendations for older books?
Yes Oliver Twist! Read it partly once but I would love to read it again. Charles Dickens is a classic!
Can you tell me a random little-known fact about the universe/the world?
Did you know that Pluto is not a planet officially but a big star? Something like that I heard a while ago.
Are you environmentally aware?
Yes I am but I am not an activist.
What wat your first childhood pet?
My first childhood pet was a rabbit and at the moment I have no pets. That is not allowed in a student dormitory.
What’s to your left and what’s to your right while you are answering these questions?
To my left is a classmate, writing this during the break. And to my right is a window of a classroom.
This award has different rules. It seems like that the original creator can not be found, so this is the version of rules that are found most. And most of the rules have something to do with the number eleven. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, by asking them 11 new questions.
6. Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
So I have to share eleven random facts about myself. I’ll share what is random around me at the moment and are facts about me.
- As part of my breakfast I drank a fruitjuice from oranges and bananas, some water and lemon.
- I am an iOS and Android and Windows user.
- My favourite color of a jacket is marine blue or for a colbert the sweet mint color.
- Sometimes I like coffee.
- When the sun shines I always smile. I can not ignore smiling at least once when the sun shines.
- When it rains I sometimes think like: “I don’t care just let it rain, I’m soaked wet already”
- I started with a new study this semester
- I like more technical subjects
- I think I have a bit of a writer’s block these weeks. It’s so spontaneously
- I like to learn new things and useful information.
- I love reading books and watching films and series. But I never watch or read too long at a time. Then I want to be useful again.
These are all the answers to the questions.
I want to thank Myrthe again!
Now I have to come up with eleven new questions and nominate eleven new blogs.
Arec from Rainy Thursdays
John from John Mathew Barlow
Lindsy from Burn my Book
Marcia from Met het oog op de toekomst
Femke from Femke leest!
Ana from Ana Spoke
Marita from Marita Mathijssen
Kurt from Kurt Brindley
Ellis from Ellis Nelson
Tessa from Tessa Heitmeijer
Jenny from Jenny in Neverland
And my questions to you are:
(feel free to translate)
- Where are you looking at when you are not looking at your screen now?
- What is behind you?
- What is your favourite drink?
- Who is your idol and why?
- Are you an alpha or a bèta person?
- What is your favourite social media?
- Did you teach others how to make a website/blog?
- What is the meaning of your name?
- If you could choose any study or master or course, what would it be?
- What is/was your favourite subject in highschool?
- Which music album have you listened to recently?
Which question(s) would you ask?
Enjoy reading, writing, thinking about questions, reading those other blogs…and have a nice day!
Greetings by Sophie